What is the Core Business Vocabulary?
The Core Business Vocabulary is a simplified, reusable and extensible data model that captures the fundamental characteristics of a legal entity, e.g. the legal name, the activity, address, etc.
What are the benefits of using the Core Business Vocabulary?
The Core Business Vocabulary includes a minimal number of classes and properties modelled to capture the typical details recorded by business registers. It facilitates information exchange between business registers despite differences in what they record and publish.
Core Business Vocabulary key milestones
- On 23 May 2012, the Coordination Group of the Interoperability Solutions for European Public Administrations (ISA) Programme has endorsed version 1.00 of the combined specification of Core Business, Core Location and Core Person Vocabulary.
- On 7 May 2012 version 1.00 of the combined specification of Core Business, Core Location and Core Person Vocabulary was released.
- In March 2012 all comments of the public review period were discussed in a Working Group meeting.
- On 17 February 2012 version 0.2 entered a month-long public review period, ending on 16 March 2012.
- From November 2011 till February 2012 version 0.2 was developed.
Do you want to participate in the work of our Core Vocabularies Working Group? Share your comments and change requests via the GitHub Core Business Vocabulary repository.