“Improve the cross-border access of citizens and businesses to legal means in Europe as well as to improve the interoperability between legal authorities within the EU.”
What exactly does that mean? e-CODEX offers a series of functionalities providing an easier (digital) way to exchange legal information between EU-countries. No more bureaucratic paperwork no matter the differences between the EU countries.
The aim of the project:
- Contributing to the implementation of the EU legal framework and the e-Justice action plan, in due respect of subsidiarity
- Achieving interoperability between existing national judicial systems
- Enabling all Member States to work together towards a more effective judicial system in Europe
- Improving the effectiveness and efficiency of the processing of an increasing number of cross-border proceedings, especially in civil, criminal and commercial matters
- Contributing to a safer environment for citizens inside the EU
- Modernizing judicial systems in Europe
- Increasing collaboration and exchange between judicial systems of the Member States
In a nutshell:
- Easy and secure access to legal information and procedures in other EU Member States for businesses and citizens
- Greater cross-border effectiveness of legal processes through common standards and greater interoperability of information systems
- Improved efficiency of cross-border judicial processes through standards and solutions that ease and facilitate the cross-border case-handling activities
In a few words: Enabling access to justice systems across Europe.