The European Commission's Catalogue of Services Action is now included in the ISA² Interoperability Test Bed as a dedicated community to support its validation and conformance testing needs.
The Catalogue of Services Action is an initiative of the European Commission to enhance the interoperability and the exchange of information about public services within and across EU countries and at the European level. This is achieved by:
- Helping public administrations sharing machine-readable description of public services by maintaining a common data model (CPSV-AP).
- Maintaining and improving reusable tools for the creation, validation, management and exchange of public service descriptions.
- Piloting the adoption and use of the CPSV-AP and tools together with EU countries and European Portals.
- Providing technical support to EU countries in setting up user-centric one-stop-shops for public services.
The Test Bed had already been supporting the Catalogue of Services' Action by powering the CPSV-AP validation service, a standalone validator based on the Test Bed's generic RDF validation capabilities that enables validation against CPSV-AP version 2.2.1. This has now been complemented by the Catalogue of Services' Test Bed community that defines CPSV-AP as a testable specification through the Test Bed. This is offered as an alternative to the anonymous and stateless validator that records test sessions and validation results, offering enhanced monitoring and reporting capabilities.
The test case validating CPSV-AP content is also complemented with a simulated demonstration scenario that illustrates how public service metadata are harvested from Member State endpoints, converted to CPSV-AP and aggregated before publication on the EU portal. It is worth noting that this demonstration scenario has long figured as one of the Test Bed's general demos as, apart from being a showcase of CPSV-AP and the Single Digital Gateway, provides a good measure of the complex exchanges and remote system integration that the Test Bed can achieve.
The Catalogue of Services' Test Bed community is available in the shared ISA² Test Bed instance as a fully public community. Any user can register her organisation and proceed immediately to use the configured test cases:
1. Go to the Test Bed's welcome page and click "Create an account".
2. Authenticate using your EU Login account.
3. Select the Catalogue of Services community and provide your organisation's name. You can also optionally select the "CPSV-AP demos and validation test cases" configuration to automatically configure your test scenarios.
At this initial stage the validation test case replicates the use of the standalone validator but can be further extended to support specific conformance testing scenarios, examples and demos. Moreover, the configured setup can be enriched by including support for further relevant specifications such as the future Single Digital Gateway's data model and the service APIs involved in metadata harvesting.
For more information on CPSV-AP check out it's solution page on Joinup. Further information on the Test Bed can also be found on Joinup, with the Test Bed's value proposition being an ideal starting point. Finally, to remain updated of all the latest Test Bed news: