Version 1.1.0 of the ISA² interoperability test bed software, based on the GITB CWA specifications, is now released. This version focuses on improving the overall robustness of the platform, bringing significant new administrative features to facilitate the management of users and test suites, and to allow reporting on ongoing testing activities.
This new version is online in the reusable ISA² interoperability test bed service but is also available for you to setup as a standalone instance. If a standalone instance best matches your needs, the following supporting resources are available:
- The introduction, installation and usage of the test bed, provided in the test bed's introductory handbook.
- The source code of the test bed software.
- The EUPL-based licence attached to the direct use of the source code.
This section applies to you if you are running your own test bed instance and want to update to version 1.1.0. The following steps are to be executed on the command line of the server running the test bed components.
Step 1 - Get the new test bed components
docker pull isaitb/gitb-ui:1.1.0
docker pull isaitb/gitb-srv:1.1.0
Step 2 - Shut down your current test bed components
docker stop gitb-ui gitb-srv
docker rm gitb-ui gitb-srv
Step 3 - Update the database
You need to connect to the gitb-mysql database. One way to do this via the command line is by executing on the database's machine (replace [ROOT_PASSWORD] with your password):
docker run -it --net=gitb-net --link gitb-mysql:mysql --rm
mysql sh -c 'exec mysql -h"gitb-mysql" -P"3306" -uroot -p"[ROOT_PASSWORD]"'
Once connected, execute the SQL migration statements in migration_db_1.0.3_to_1.1.0.sql.
Step 4 - Start the new test bed components
Remember to replace [PUBLIC_SERVER_ADDRESS] with the address corresponding to your instance.
docker run --name gitb-srv --net=gitb-net -p 8080-8380:8080-8380
-d --restart=unless-stopped isaitb/gitb-srv:1.1.0
docker run --name gitb-ui --net=gitb-net -p 9000:9000 -p 9090:9090 --volumes-from gitb-repo
-d --restart=unless-stopped isaitb/gitb-ui:1.1.0
Your test bed instance is now successfully updated to the version 1.1.0.
Release Notes - Version 1.1.0
The following list summarises the issues included in this release, classified as bugs, new features and improvements. For more details click the issue key links (requires access to the test bed's issue tracker).
- [ITB-65] - Test session history for an organisational user is incomplete
- [ITB-86] - No longer possible to create a domain
- [ITB-89] - XPath 2.0 support breaks TDL variable lookup
- [ITB-90] - Problem interacting with processing services
- [ITB-66] - Add filtering of test sessions for organisation user
- [ITB-71] - Allow admin to manage an organisation's test setup
- [ITB-53] - Add user communities to user management
- [ITB-56] - Group test cases by test suite
- [ITB-58] - Add filtering of test sessions for administrator
- [ITB-62] - Allow the export of results in CSV
- [ITB-69] - Paging in the "Performed Tests" screen for an organisation
- [ITB-70] - Add "Systems" link
- [ITB-88] - Upgrade embedded XPath validator to XPath 2.0