This statement applies to content published on the domain: ‘https://joinup.ec.europa.eu/’.
It does not apply to other content or websites published on any of its subdomains. These websites and their content will have their own specific accessibility statement.
This website is managed by DIGIT B2 and it is designed to be used by as many people as possible, including people with disabilities.
You should be able to:
- e.g. zoom up to 200% without problems;
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard;
- navigate most of the website using a modern screen reader and speech recognition software (on your computer or phone).
This website is designed to comply with the technical standard for websites and mobile apps, EN 301 549, v.3.2.1. This closely follows level ‘AA’ of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) version 2.1.
This website is partially compliant with technical standard EN 301 549 v.3.2.1 and the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 Level AA. See below section ‘Non-accessible content’ for more details.
The website was last tested on October 2023.
Preparation of this statement
This statement was reviewed on October 2023 and it is based on a self-assessment done by the public sector body.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of the Joinup website. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers:
- [E-mail]: Contact us
We try to respond to feedback within 15 business days from the date of receipt of the enquiry by the responsible Commission department.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
The Joinup website is designed to be compatible with the following most used assistive technologies:
- the latest version of Google Chrome and Apple Safari browsers;
in combination with the latest versions of JAWS, NVDA, VoiceOver and TalkBack
The accessibility of the Joinup website relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of the Joinup website, we are aware of some limitations, which we are working to fix. Below is a description of known limitations and potential solutions. Please contact us if you encounter an issue not listed below.
- Some elements might have poor colour contrast;
- Some functionalities might not be accessible using only a keyboard;
- Some heading elements might not be used consistently;
- Some labels might not be correctly connected with their corresponding form fields;
- Some images might not have alt text descriptions;
- Some buttons and/or links might not have readable text;
- Some error messages are not clearly associated with form controls;
- Some documents are in PDF format and might not be accessible.