On Thursday, 30th June, the European Commission Directorate-General for Informatics (DIGIT) and the United Nations Office of Information and Communications Technology (OICT) held the Awards Ceremony for the first SDG Quality Education – Goal #4 of the Open Source Software for Sustainable Goals, OSS4SDGs hackathons series featuring Moodle.
The event took place virtually with the presence of Bernardo Mariano Junior (Chief Information Technology Officer UN/OICT), Veronica Gaffey (DIGIT General Director) and Martin Dougiamas (Moodle founder).
The winners of the hackathon were the following:
- 1st prize: Moodle group rooms in Jitsi, by Sébastien Essoh Lathe Gnagne - Ivory Coast.
- 2nd prize: HTML Bootstrap Editor, by the RÉCIT FAD team (Mr. Étienne Roy, Mr. Yvon Quémener, Mr. Émile Jacques, and Mr. Gustavo Bazzo) – Canada.
- 3rd prize: Combined Calendar, by Ms Marie-Eve Lévesque, Mr Annouar Faraman and Mr Andrew Caya - Canada.
Honourable mentions were also given to the following participants:
- Mrs Celine Perves, Digital Department, University of Strasbourg, France, for the development of various plugins, in particular, the ability to restore from remote sites.
- Mr Renaat Debleu, IT Specialist, eWallah, Belgium, for the innovation of his plugin for administrators to translate an entire course using Neural Machine Engines.