The entire OSOR team will be at the 2 December event in Brussels, Open Source Workshops for Computing & Sustainability organised by the European Commission and SWForum.eu. It's an in-person event, with the hope that people will come to Brussels and meet again after almost three years of meeting online. To register go to the event page and click "Register through EU login", under the main image. You'll be asked to choose which workshops you'll attend. OSOR's main participation is workshop 1.3 Building Sustainable Open Source Ecosystems for an Interoperable Europe, but we'd like to also highlight a few more below.
The event consists of twelve panels divided into three sessions with four tracks, so attendees will have to choose a panel for each session.
- OSS Processors
- OSS & AI
- Building Sustainable Open Source Ecosystems for an Interoperable Europe <- OSOR!
- Critical OS Software
- OSS for Cloud Continuum
- OSS & Quantum
- EU Applications Catalogue
- Public Sector Cooperation on Open Source
The workshop organised by the OSOR team, Building Sustainable Open Source Ecosystems for an Interoperable Europe, will discuss the recent proposal on the Interoperable Europe Act with experts from the European Commission and experts on Open Source use in Public Administrations. They will mainly address the relation between the Act and the Open Source community. The workshop will be chaired by Leontina Sandu, Head of Unit of DIGIT D2. You can find below the list of our panelists:
- Maximilian Strotmann, Member of Commissioner Hahn’s Cabinet
- Maria Dalhage, DIGG - Swedish Agency for Digital Government
- Jiří Marek, Open Cities (Otevřená města) Board Member
- Clare Dillon, Executive Director, InnerSource Commons
- Sachiko Muto, Chairman at OpenForum Europe, Senior Researcher at RISE