Encouraging public consultations and citizen participation in the legislative process are among an updated list of digital priorities set by the Polish government.
“We need to support the strategy for developing the information society combined with efficient coordination of this process”, wrote the Ministry of Digital Affairs in a document entitled “Strategic Action priorities of the Ministry of Digital Affairs in computerization of public services”. However “shortcomings in this area (modern information and telecommunications technologies) in recent years cause an increase in the distance between Poland and the group of leaders, both in Europe and in the world”.
“A lack of consistent strategy, unclear regulation, bad practices and competence shortage delay implementation of Poland’s digitiaation projects”, the report mentioned. It also reasserted that the role of State, , is to develop faster, become more friendly and support the needs of citizens, entrepreneurs, organisations and local government through digitisation.
A governmental portal for services and a standard to identify citizens
Other priorities listed by the Polish government are:
- centralising information and services of government administration in one portal;
- Build a gate to services;
- Integrate and develop public registers;
- Adopting a unified standard of digital identification of citizens;
- Providing safe access to the network and services of e-administration;
- Implementing the organisational and decision maker order;
- Developing the cooperation between Government and local governments;
- Developing e-administration data processing centres;
- Improving competences on the part of administration;
- Setting up the coordination structure for the institutional solutions ;
- Simplifying Public Information Bulletins;
- Adopting the standard of electronic circulation of document in administration;
- Improving the effectiveness of disbursement of funds from POPC 2014-220;
- Improving the Digital education of society; and
- Being more effective in the EU and other international institutions.