VocBench provides a solution to centralise the management of controlled vocabularies and metadata used by your public administration to support interoperability.
The development of VocBench3 is managed by the Publications Office of the European Union.
Originally released by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations and the Artificial Intelligence Research Group of the University of Rome Tor Vergata, VocBench is:
- A free web-based platform facilitating collaborative editing and management;
- Designed to meet the needs of the semantic web.
Furthermore, this tool:
- Manages multilingual controlled vocabularies such as thesauri, authority lists and glossaries;
- Allows users to maintain, validate and publish content through flexible group management environment.
The new version, VocBench3:
- Improves upon the capabilities of its predecessors, focusing mainly on collaborative and multilingual features;
- Is more user-friendly;
- Has largely revised the back-end architecture that handles vocabularies;
- Includes the easier editing of thesauri and dedicated support for ontologies and Simple Knowledge Organisation System (SKOS) standards.
VocBench3 can help public administrations to maintain and publish their controlled vocabularies in an open and interoperable way.
Feedback, comments and questions related to VocBench3 (should it be at conceptual or technical level) are welcome (OP-VOCBENCH@publications.europa.eu).