Base Registries Access and Interconnection Framework (BRAIF) aims to overcome these potential barriers:
- Lack of legal frameworks and relevant regulations, which negatively affect the implementation of Legal Interoperability;
- Lack of coordination between officials, which hinders Organisational Interoperability;
- Difficulties to apply the basic principles of EIF, which lowers the trust in EC recommendations;
- Poor data quality, which results in wrong decision-making, poor operations and cost increase;
- Lack of strategic orientation, which corresponds to poor (or non-existent) policy-making;
- Unclear technical and semantic specifications, which hinder proper implementation of the respective EIF levels and the adoption of standards.