Through the Location Interoperability Framework Observatory (LIFO), 23 European countries have combined to assess their level of maturity and progress in the use of location data and associated interoperability measures in digital government. The results of the 2020 LIFO survey for individual countries and across Europe will be presented in this event which will also show how interested parties can explore the results, including a demonstration of the new interactive dashboards.
The Location Interoperability Framework Observatory (LIFO) is a domain-specific observatory relating to location interoperability, developed in the framework of the European Location Interoperability Solutions for e-Government (ELISE) action under the ISA² Programme. It provides a tool to monitor, assess and report on the state of play of location interoperability in European public administrations, based on the level of adoption of recommendations in the five focus areas of the European Union Location Framework (EULF) Blueprint.
LIFO, with its holistic approach, gives the broad assessment of location interoperability and the interconnection of the different activities. It can bring out the possible gaps in the implementation of EULF Blueprint recommendations, which will enable European countries and multinational bodies to update, improve, fine-tune, recalibrate national and European digital government and location information strategies and policies. LIFO also complements the EULF Blueprint by offering a wide range of location interoperability best practices, thus providing concrete examples to complement the Blueprint guidance.
In this webinar, Ray Boguslawski, an external expert from JRC and Massimo Pedroli from Deloitte will walk us through::
- The LIFO solution in Joinup, which has recently been revamped to improve its user experience, discoverability and usability;
- The results from the LIFO 2020 factsheets of the 23 participating countries and the comprehensive European State of Play report;
- The main outcomes from the use cases developed to collect evidence on the actual use and value of the LIFO results, outputs and online tools, as well as prospective uses of LIFO;
- The updates to the LIFO interactive dashboards, which will enrich with new features and functionalities the dashboards already available in the LIFO solution.
Participants will also have the chance to share their experiences, feedback and expectations on the use of LIFO, giving their valuable contribution to foster the implementation of location data interoperability good practices in European public administrations.
All latest LIFO outputs, including the factsheets, State of Play report and the use cases, will be published before the day of the event.
From this webinar, different stakeholder groups may benefit:
- Digital public service providers interested to understand how to best leverage on location information and solutions to optimise their services
- Policymakers willing to understand the legal gaps to foster interoperability with the use of location information and solutions
- Companies willing to hear suggestions and ideas on how to best exploit the location interoperability lever to develop new and innovative services and solutions
- Academics intending to identify new lines of investigations and learning on location interoperability in Europe
This webinar is a part of a series of "Webinars and events" performed by the European Commission's Joint Research Centre under the ELISE ISA² Action. These webinars aim to quickly engage with new topics of relevance to the location interoperability, the digital transformation of government and socio-technical developments in this arena and to share the results and outcomes of ELISE action.
The webinar will take place on 20/01/2022 at 14h00 CET (UTC+1).
If you are interested in this webinar, do not hesitate to register by clicking on the following button. You will receive a confirmation email with the instructions on how to join this webinar.
If you cannot join, register anyway, we will send you both the slides and the recording of the session.
After the webinar, you will be able to find here both the recording and the supporting slides of this webinar.